Victor, New York
Summary: The Manufacturing Supervisor reports directly to the VP of Operations and leads the production team in the daily execution of the manufacturing schedule. This individual is responsible for safety, discipline, productivity, and communication of both tactical and strategic objectives. This is a “Hands On” Supervisor Position that is typically on the Manufacturing floor about 60-75% of the day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures manufacturing goals and objectives are set, communicated, and accomplished
- Creates a highly productive, team culture that focuses on Safety, Quality, Innovation and Service
- Coaches and provides technical expertise to resolve people, process, or equipment issues
- Leads and promotes the quality and 6S agenda; Ensures quality is built in, and all process and product issues are noted, researched and corrected. Ensures Corrective actions are implemented
- Liaises with employees at all levels, across all departments, to accomplish company’s goals and objectives
- Develops standard and Newtex specific manufacturing reporting and control procedures and reports; Ensures performance measures are visible and used for real time management
- Maintains a plant wide safe and clean working environment. Uses problem solving techniques, team building strategies, process control, and continuous process improvement tools to meet or exceed key performance indicators
- Trains, upgrades, evaluates, and reviews all manufacturing employees and assures adherence to ISO 9001. Is the main resource in supporting the VP of Operations in delivering the Company’s Lean Manufacturing initiative
- Participates in preparation of budgets and strategy
- Performs other duties as directed by the VP of Operations
Education and Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience supervising in a manufacturing environment is required.
- A Four-year Degree in engineering or related discipline from an accredited university is desired.
- A technical 2-year degree and a minimum of 5 years of Manufacturing Supervision may be acceptable.
- Skills & Competencies:
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- Experience with CAD preferred
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required
- Knowledge and practical application of lean manufacturing models, processes and applications
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications
- Typing at 20-30 words per minute expected
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is required to stand, walk and be able to sustain good mobility for the duration of the work day
- Periodic bending and climbing may be required
- The employee is regularly required to lift, push and/or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of the job the Manufacturing Supervisor is regularly exposed to moving mechanical products and airborne fiberglass particles
- The noise level in the environment is loud
- Items of appropriate personal protective equipment will be required
- EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Questions & Applications
If you have any questions about this job opening or wish to apply, please email your question or cover letter and resume using the link below:
Apply By: Until Filled