High Point, NC
The Operations Planner/Analyst is responsible for managing all processes and tasks to ensure the Newtex supply chain is running efficiently. The Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for purchasing and replenishment, inventory management, forecasting, and production planning. The Supply Chain Planner will also be responsible for monitoring and analyzing supply chain performance, identifying areas of improvement, and developing solutions to improve the supply chain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for sourcing and planning activities necessary for efficient production and customer delivery, including purchasing, inventory management, forecasting, production planning, and job scheduling.
- Utilizes Qlik Business Intelligence (BI) to track key metrics of supply chain success.
- Create Purchase orders for raw materials and resell items from approved vendors in order to ensure efficient production flow and optimal inventory levels.
- Implement Infor MRP under the guidance of Director of Engineering.
- Review BOMs periodically and implement changes based on cost, quality, and availability, Coordinate change management and revision control with Purchasing and Production.
- Support the Director of Engineering in the creation of Bills of Material using CPQ configurator and customer drawings.
- Attend manufacturing meetings to keep management and Account Managers up to date on constraints, schedule changes and lead times.
- Expedite and optimize material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements. Review status to meet program schedules.
- Prioritize work and coordinate with Engineering Program Managers, Team Leads, Quality, and Certification groups to achieve program efficiencies, meet established deadlines, and minimize operational impacts.
- Identify best practices and improvement opportunities; develop and coordinate corrective actions.
The requirements listed below are representational of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentration in Supply Chain Management preferred
- Strong understanding of supply chain management principles and best practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle/SAP/Infor ERP; Other supply chain management software beneficial
- 2022/2023 graduates: Applicable coursework and/or internship experience
- Recent graduates: 2-3 years of experience in supply chain planning and management.
- Office cubical environment in modern, well-connected workspace
- Occasional exposure to airborne fiberglass when visiting shipping or manufacturing spaces
- EEO Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Questions & Applications
If you have any questions about this job opening or wish to apply, please email your question or cover letter and resume using the link below:
Apply By: Until Filled