Victor, New York
Summary: This position reports to the Product Development Manager. As a member of the Technical team, this individual works in the laboratory and has responsibilities for Quality, Technical, and Development activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform routine testing and analysis on products at various stages in the manufacturing process to determine whether appropriate standards have been met.
- Perform statistical analysis of product quality, including visual metrics and controls.
- Work collaboratively with employees at all levels to perform root cause analysis and achieve Newtex’s quality goals and objectives.
- Assist in quality case management, NCRs, and root cause analysis with full documentation in Zoho & QCS.
- Support the maintenance of ISO 9001:2015 quality system and Syteline QCS activities.
- Work in compliance with all applicable procedures and practices including SOPs, Work Instructions, Safety Manual, and ISO.
- Assist in developing new products, including characterization of products and development of test standards.
- Prepare laboratory samples of new products for testing and evaluation.
- Perform laboratory testing, quantitative and qualitative analysis of samples, data collection, statistical analysis, and data interpretation activities related to the company’s product lines.
- Prepare product documents and specifications to transfer new products to manufacturing.
- Work closely and communicate regularly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with other departments and other key stakeholders on assigned projects.
- Show a proactive commitment to safety, quality and continuous improvement.
- Manage multiple requests and meet deadlines.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- High school diploma or GED; 0-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Smart, energetic individual with a passion for science and lab work, strong initiative, and teamwork
- Good quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, clearly and concisely
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as external lab reports, test and material specifications, and test methods
- High proficiency in MS Excel, statistical analysis, graphing and data interpretation
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to re-set priorities based on evolving customer and/or internal requirements
- Attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills
- While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud noises on the manufacturing floor.
- Laboratory testing may require working with equipment at high temperatures.
- The employee is required to stand, walk and be able to sustain good mobility for the duration of the shift.
- Periodic bending and climbing may be required.
- The employee may be required to lift, push, and/or pull up to 25 lbs.
Questions & Applications
If you have any questions about this job opening or wish to apply, please email your question or cover letter and resume using the link below:
Apply By: Until Filled