Z-Flex Air Breathable Aluminized Fabric
Proximity suits and aluminized clothing are intended to protect from radiant energy, however, in high-temperature ambient environments, traditional aluminized fabrics are linked to increased risk of heat stress. Z-Flex Air, the first ever breathable aluminized fabric, is designed to keep you cool, comfortable, productive, and protected in high-temperature ambient environments. We use a proprietary micro-perforation process to optimize the placement, pattern, and dimensions of micro-perforations to create a breathable radiant barrier that offers all of the same radiant heat protection as standard Z-Flex Multilayer Aluminized fabrics.
Benefits of Z-Flex Air:
- Breathability: Body heat and sweat can escape through the proprietary micro-perforated fabric.
- Radiant Heat Protection: Z-Flex Air features the same high-temperature protection you have come to expect from standard Z-Flex.
- Increased Abrasion Resistance: The micro-perforation process creates a textured layer that helps protect the surface of the fabric from abrasion and wear.
- Improved Bonding: The micro-perforation process creates a mechanical bond that works with the adhesive's chemical bond to improve the adherence between the aluminization and base fabric, further reducing the risk of de-lamination.
Z-Flex Silver Air P-202 is NFPA 1971:2013 component certified for use in protective ensembles for proximity firefighting.
- NFPA Certified Proximity Suits
- Proximity Suits for Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF)
- Aluminized Clothing