Zetex Fabrics Provide Excellent Thermal Insulation
Zetex® fabrics are woven from continuous filament fiberglass yarns that have been treated by Newtex's proprietary texturization process. The texturization process is key because it gives the fiberglass fabric superior insulation capabilities, making it an excellent choice for applications requiring thermal insulation or protection from heat and fire. In order to guarantee the highest quality, Zetex® fabrics are woven in the USA at Newtex’s headquarters in Victor, NY.
These heat resistant fabrics withstand continuous operating temperatures up to 1000°F / 540°C and peak temperatures up to 1300°F / 700°C.
Zetex® fabrics are available in a range of weights and constructions and with a variety of coatings. Options include:
- Premium grade Zetex® fabrics woven from 6-micron continuous filament yarn for superior strength and abrasion resistance. Style numbers for premium grade fabrics begin with A. For example, Zetex A-600 or Zetex A-802.
- Industrial grade Zetex® fabrics woven with 9-micron yarn to provide economical yet highly effective thermal insulation. Style numbers for industrial grade fabrics begin with C. For example, Zetex C-600 or Zetex C-1000.
- Color dyed Zetex® fabrics are often used for aesthetic or identification purposes. Color options include black, yellow, red, blue, green, orange, and salmon.
- Treated Zetex® fabrics can simplify cutting and sewing, reduce airborne fibers, or improve resistance to moisture. Treatment options include lightweight acrylic treatments (known as Regular Treatment or Fabrication treatment), Oil and water resistant treatment, and Heat Cleaning.
- Safety gloves and high temperature personal protective equipment
- Welding blankets and equipment protection
- Welding stress relief
- Removable insulation pads