Aramid Gloves Provide Abrasion and Heat Protection to 750°F / 400°C
The 400 Series Aramid Gloves are constructed from Z-Tech™ Core Spun Aramid Fabric. Core spun aramid is produced by covering a fiberglass core yarn with a para-aramid sheath, giving the fabric the abrasion resistance that is characteristic of a para-aramid fabric and the heat resistance that is characteristic of a fiberglass fabric. In addition to aramid gloves, Newtex manufactures a range of high temperature gloves with a variety of features to meet the demands of any high temperature environment.
Z-Tech™ Core Spun Aramid Gloves can withstand temperatures up to 750°F / 400°C and offer excellent cut protection. These cut and heat resistant gloves are ideal for environments where high temperatures and sharp objects, like glass, are both present.
Our aramid gloves are also available with a ZetexPlus® Vermiculite Coating for additional heat resistance, we call these gloves “AramidPlus”. The proprietary ZetexPlus® coating helps dissipate heat evenly across the surface of the aramid glove for greater temperature resistance. The AramidPlus gloves can withstand operating temperatures up to 1000°F / 540°C and peak temperatures up to 1200°F / 650°C.
- Glove vs. Mitt: We recommend gloves for applications that require dexterity and mitts for applications in which additional thermal insulation, added comfort, and longer wear are important. Mitts are reversible. If the palm of a mitt gets damaged, the wearer can flip the mitt and wear it on the opposite hand to extend the usable life of the product
- Single Palm vs. Double Palm: Double Palm styles feature a second layer of Core Spun AramidPlus fabric at the palm and thumb for additional thermal insulation and extended heat resistance.
- One size fits most
- Double stitched and reinforced
- Made from inorganic fibers; Will not produce hazardous outgassing
- Designed and manufactured in the United States