Flame Retardant Fabrics for Fire Curtains and Fire Containment Systems
Z-Block™ flame retardant fabrics are high temperature polymer coated fiberglass fabrics treated with a proprietary formulation of fire retardants and finished with a high temperature silicone overcoat (SOC). Z-Block™ high temperature fabrics offer exceptional resistance to fire, smoke, abrasion, UV, and adverse weather. Z-Block™ is formulated with inorganic materials and will not produce hazardous outgassing.
This heat resistant fabric is designed for use in fire and smoke curtains, fire containment covers, and custom smoke and fire protection systems. When exposed to flame in these applications, the coating develops a protective high temperature silica layer that prevents flame penetration at temperatures up to 1800°F / 980°C.
Z-Block™ is also an excellent insulation jacketing material for multi-layer insulation blankets, but it is not intended for hot-side applications where contact temperatures exceed 350°F / 175°C.
The Z-Block™ coating can also be applied to some of Newtex’s Zetex® Steel Wire Reinforced Fabrics. These fabrics are woven with stainless steel wire to create a stronger flame retardant fabric with superior abrasion and puncture resistance. Wire reinforced Z-Block™ is ideal for fabricating insulation covers such as blankets and other jacketing that will be subject to vibration, abrasion, or repetitive movement.
Some Z-Block fabrics can be modified for Berry Amendment compliance. Please notify our sales team if you require Berry-compliant materials.
Only need a couple of yards? Z-Block F-407 SOC is available in 2-yard rolls on Amazon Prime.
Z-Block Fire & Smoke has been tested to the following standards:
- ASTM D6413: Vertical Flame Resistance
- ASTM E-84: Surface Flame Spread & Smoke Density Testing
- ASTM F955: Molten Metal Splash Testing
- FAR 25, Appendix F, Part III & IV: Flame Penetration Resistance & Heat Release Rate
- BSS 7239: Toxicity of Products Combustion Testing
- Static and automatic fire and smoke curtains
- Fire containment covers (FCC's) for palletized cargo
- Fire containment bags for personal electronic devices (PED's)
- Fire resistant covers for roofs and buildings
- Custom fire protection for heavy equipment
- Custom removable insulation pads and blankets