Flame Retardant Fabrics for Fire Curtains and Fire Containment Systems
Z-Block™ flame retardant fabrics are high temperature polymer coated fiberglass fabrics treated with a proprietary formulation of fire retardants. Z-Block™ offers exceptional resistance to fire, smoke, and adverse weather.
Z-Block™ flame retardant fabrics are designed for use in fire curtains, fire containment covers, and custom smoke and fire protection systems. When exposed to flame in these applications, the coating develops a protective high temperature silica layer allowing it to effectively prevent flame penetration at temperatures up to 1800°F / 980°C. Z-Block™ is also an excellent insulation jacketing material for multi-layer insulation blankets, but it is not intended for hot-side applications where contact temperatures exceed 350°F / 175°C. Z-Block™ is formulated with inorganic materials and will not produce hazardous outgassing.
Z-Block™ fabrics are available with the option of a silicone overcoat (SOC). The high temperature silicone coating creates a smoother finish that protects the flame retardant fabric from abrasion while improving water tightness and UV resistance.
Z-Block™ F-407 fabric is also available in a Berry Amendment compliant style. Please notify our sales team if you require Berry-compliant materials.
Newtex also manufactures a small selection of wire reinforced Z-Block™ flame retardant fabrics. These fabrics are woven with stainless steel wires to create a stronger flame retardant fabric with superior abrasion and puncture resistance. Wire reinforced Z-Block™ is ideal for fabricating insulation blankets and other jacketing that will be subject to vibration, abrasion, or repetitive movement.
Z-Block Fire & Smoke has been tested to the following standards:
- ASTM D6413: Vertical Flame Resistance
- ASTM E-84: Surface Flame Spread & Smoke Density Testing
- ASTM F955: Molten Metal Splash Testing
- FAR 25, Appendix F, Part III & IV: Flame Penetration Resistance & Smoke Density Testing
- BSS 7239: Toxicity of Products Combustion Testing
- Static and automatic fire and smoke curtains
- Fire containment covers (FCC's) for palletized cargo
- Fire containment bags for personal electronic devices (PED's)
- Fire resistant covers for roofs and buildings
- Custom fire protection for heavy equipment
- Custom removable insulation pads and blankets